- Certain uncomfortably hot rooms (the same rooms that are always too cold in winter)
- Extreme humidity in some areas of the home
- A lot of dust floating around and on your furniture
- Musty odors
- Higher energy bills than previous years
If so, there could be leaks in your ductwork allowing conditioned air to seep outside or into unconditioned areas of your home. Even if you have a newer, energy-efficient air conditioner, leaky ducts will cause your AC to work harder to cool your home — causing premature wear on your system and driving your energy bills up to 30% higher than they should be. They can also cause humidity levels to rise, which can lead to costly home repairs. To fix leaky ductwork, we use a very effective product called Aeroseal.
How Does Aeroseal Work?
After examining your ductwork, our knowledgeable HVAC technicians will cover wall registers so they can detect where air is leaking within the ductwork. They will then inject Aeroseal foam sealant into the ducts for approximately 1 hour — this doesn’t require any major construction. The tiny aerosol particles stay suspended in the airflow by continuous air movement, and as the air stream makes a sharp turn to exit through a leak, the particles collide with and adhere to the leak edges. Only 1-2 oz. of the sealant material remain in the ducts. The technician will then provide a computer-generated analysis summarizing your home’s amount of leakage reduction.
What Will I Notice After Duct Sealing?
After the service is complete, you’ll enjoy multiple benefits, including:
- Lower energy bills
- Cooler rooms for improved comfort (and warmer rooms in winter)
- Better breathing since there will be less dust and lower humidity levels
- Peace of mind that your home is emitting less energy into the environment
Call One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning in Aberdeen for Lower Energy Bills and Better Comfort
If you notice any of the signs of leaky ductwork, give us a call and let us discuss how easy the Aeroseal process is. We would love to lower you bills and improve your comfort!