Barbecues are a staple of summer, so it’s no wonder why July is National Grilling Month. It’s when good friends come together to eat delicious food, drink cold drinks and make new memories while taking in fresh air.
But grilling is also a great way to avoid heating up the house by not using the oven. Using the oven or stove produces lots of heat in the kitchen and surrounding rooms, which can really make your air conditioner work harder and drive up your energy bills. For that reason, you should definitely take full advantage of your grill and make burgers, hot dogs, and these other mouthwatering recipes from Food Network that you can cook outside! We can’t think of a better tasting way to save money!
Other Ways to Save on Air Conditioning Costs this Summer
Cooking outdoors is not the only way to keep energy costs down this summer. Try these other tips too:
- Give your cooling system a rest by turning up the thermostat a few degrees while you head to a Harford County library, mall or other public place with A/C.
- Use exhaust fans on humid days.
- Turn off the A/C and open windows and doors on cooler nights to allow fresh air in.
- Instead of cooking, make sandwiches or smoothies.
- Close blinds or drapes during the hottest time of day to block the sun’s rays.
- Have a programmable thermostat installed for better control over your indoor environment.
Enjoy the Warm Weather and Call One Hour if You Have AC Problems
Make sure to get outside and grill some delicious food this weekend, then head back inside to enjoy your nice cool air conditioned home. If you notice any issues with your AC making funny noises or not working right, make sure to give One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning a call!